CABANA’s research secondments are aimed at catalysing lasting collaborations between researchers in Latin America and bioinformatics groups in the UK.
Scientists from Latin America can apply for a secondment of 6 months to pursue a bioinformatics research project in the challenge areas of the CABANA project. However, this call is focused on topics of interest to Latin American institutions such as:
- The SARS-CoV-2 genome, its evolution and epidemiology in Latin America.
- Whole Genome Sequencing of Race II and Low-Coverage Sequencing of Twelve Additional Isolates of the Coffee Rust, Hemileia vastatrix.
- Analysis of natural and induced genetic diversity of populations of coffee in Costa Rica and Mexico using GBS.
- Paleometagenomics of Microbialites in the Puna.
- The Genome of Yerba Mate (Ilex Paraguariensis).
- Exploring the microbiomes of soils associated with contrasting agricultural systems across Latin America. Genomic Diversity of Yeasts Associated to Natural Agave Fermentation.
Particularly interesting this time, is that most (if not all) secondments will be virtual allowing easier interaction with multiple researchers in the region and at EMBL-EBI. Look for more details here and apply soon, the deadline is February 12, 2021.